Thursday, July 20, 2017

Prayer lists

Do you ever make a trip to the grocery store--only to get home and realize that you forgot to pick up the very thing you needed most? I hope I'm not the only one who does that! My family can testify to how often I run to the store--only to neglect the very item I announced I was heading out to get! My problem isn't really a memory problem, though. My problem is a list problem. When I don't take a list, I forget the important stuff.

Similarly, I find that I also need a daily reminder list of the many people who I need to pray for. Despite good intentions, I sadly tend to forget to pray for people if I do not make a point of writing down their need.

Have you considered making a personal prayer list for 2017? Here are some important categories to consider adding to your daily prayer list:

1. Our church family--by name.
2. Our government officials, by name when possible.
3. Your family and other close relationships, by name.
4. The persecuted church.
5. The nation of Israel.
6. Unsaved friends and family, by name.
7. Each of our 12 missionaries, by name.


Specific prayers get specific answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment