Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Paid in Full

Probably the most emotionally-charged topic of any election season is the issue of tax-payer funded abortion. It is worth pausing between commercials and debates long enough to observe that every abortion leaves behind at least TWO victims: A child and his mother. One is the victim of surgical instruments and skilled profiteers; the other is often the victim of peer-pressure, abandonment, and the deception of clever lies packaged as harmless solutions.
I wish I could talk to this second victim--that mother who celebrates her child's due date or appointed death date every year in silent tears; who marks the passage of time by noting how old her child "would be" this year; who realizes too late that she has sold her birthright for pottage.
I would like to tell her that she can be forgiven.
Does she know that Jesus' blood is sufficient for every sin, not just the "small" ones? I would ask her to find refuge in her child's Creator. I would like to tell her that no sin is too deep to be covered by the blood of Christ.
I would just like her to know that her abortion has already been paid for--and not by taxpayers or politicians.
"Jesus paid it all,
All to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain--
He washed it white as snow."

No comments:

Post a Comment