Tuesday, November 29, 2016

What can we do?

When I was thirteen years old, I wrote in my devotional journal that one of my life goals was to help stop abortion. Could that seventh grade girl in 1983 have imagined that here we would be, 33 years later, and abortion would still be a scar on the spiritual and emotional landscape of our beloved country? Could I have imagined that the pictures that tore my heart up back then would only begin to convey a fraction of this national tragedy? Could my mind ever have imagined the hideous, demonic evil that is "partial birth abortion"? Not likely. But my heart has not changed.

What can you and I do to stop abortions in America? We weep for the unborn in our country and for the many young women who have been deceived by clever arguments. Our hearts grieve at the loss of those little voices, and for the mothers who will face a lifetime of secret regret and painful grief. What can we do? What can we do?

We pray to the Creator of those tiny hands and beg His mercy on our country. We ask God to stop the bloodshed in our land. We pray for opportunities to lend a hand, through gifts to those who serve on the front-lines in crisis pregnancy centers. We seek ways to support adoption and to support single moms who have made life-giving choices. We share the truth about the pre-born with our loved ones, knowing that they may be faced with a hard dilemma someday.
And here in America, we vote.



"If thou forebear to deliver them that are drawn unto death, and those that are ready to be slain; If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider it?" Proverbs 24:11 - 12. 

No comments:

Post a Comment