Thursday, July 20, 2017

Suggested resolutions (January post)

When it comes to making New Year's resolutions, we tend to think of keeping our goals in terms of "success" or "failure." How often have we started off a year with physical fitness or time management as a resolution, only to run into some "failure" a month or two later!

Interestingly, the word "success" is found only once in the Bible: not because God doesn't want us to be successful, but because there is only one source for success. You see, the word "success" in the Bible pertains to our relationship with God's Word. That is the only source of true success.

Joshua 1:8 tells us, "This book of the law shall not depart out of (*or be absent from) thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success."

This year, as you form your goals and hopes for 2017, have you considered putting God's Word at the top of your resolutions? Here are some strategic goals for letting God's Word bring you success this year:

1. I resolve to read the Bible, at least a verse, every single day.
2. I resolve to journal what I am learning from God's Word.
3. I resolve to take notes during preaching.
4. I resolve to research areas of the Bible that puzzle me.
5. I resolve to read the Scriptures systematically rather than just focusing on my favorite topics, passages, and books.

That's the recipe for success! May God bless you in 2017! I'm thankful for each of you.

~Kristie

No comments:

Post a Comment