Thursday, July 20, 2017

The Value of a Praying Friend

With two-going-on-three kids out of our little nest now, I spend a lot of time reflecting on what has helped me as a mom. More and more, I find myself just THANKFUL for the people who have loved my children well.
Young moms, your truest friend might not be your age or your walk of life. But if you have a friend--married, single, experienced, or childless--who dedicates herself to praying for your child to get saved; who cries when your child struggles and never gloats to hear of a failing; who cheers on your child's victories and does not view them as competition to be torn down; who values your child as God made him, not as the world would like to mold him for their own use; who can listen with grace and pray with power and expect great things from God: If you have found such a friend, you are blessed manifold!
I am blessed over and over and over, and I'm so thankful for the many people in my life over the last 20 years who have loved our children so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment